Pretty in Pink Chambray Peplum Blouse

I made a peplum blouse by hacking a pattern I already have in my stash (McCall’s 7052). This project was a fabric stash buster and because I only had a yard of fabric, I decided that I would only use the bodice pattern pieces from this pattern. The peplum pieces of the pattern were circular, so it would require more fabric than I already had. I decided that I would cut a rectangular ruffle by multiplying the waist measurement by 1.5. I had just enough fabric to do that. I used 3/8 inch bias binding to finish the neck and the armholes. I also like this pattern because there are options for A/B or C/D cups and bust darts.

It was a fast and easy project. Also a very satisfying one since I was able to use leftover fabric that was in my stash.

I usually shorten the bodice by one inch but for this top, I did not do that. If I decide to make another top this way, I will shorten the bodice. I will also do a narrow shoulder adjustment and pinch off one inch from the collar so that it fits better. The back collar actually has a slit that is closed off by adding a hook and closure but since I was able to fit my head through, I didn’t do that. If I pinch off an inch from the collar from the front and the back, I will definitely need to add the back slit so that I can fit my head through.

I like the chambray fabric. I think linen would look great too. This project checked off two of my requirements for my March sewing plans which is Spring and fabric stash buster. I am happy to add this to my Spring wardrobe.

Happy Sewing!


4 thoughts on “Pretty in Pink Chambray Peplum Blouse”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s