Simplicity 1693- A fluttery sleeve blouse

I finished Simplicity 1693 over the weekend. It was a fast and easy sew since it only required to cut three pattern pieces, the front bodice, back bodice and the sleeves. I made my own bias binding for the collar, which was fun to do. I used a bias tape maker to do this task. It was my first time using this tool and it was really easy. What a great way to use your leftover scraps or fat quarters. I watched a very helpful YouTube video on how to make continuous bias binding tape.

I used this pattern many times over and over in the summer of 2016 to make summer tanks. I forgot that there are also options for short sleeves and long sleeves. There is also an option for a Peter Pan collar with short, elasticized sleeves.

I used some leftover fabric from a dress that I recently made. It’s a polyester crepe. I think I had a yard and a half leftover and it was the perfect amount! I made View B. I didn’t try to match my diagonals. I like how my short fluttery sleeved blouse turned out!

Can’t wait to wear this. Happy Sewing!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s