Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will realize they were the big things.
There are a few little things that I miss from before quarantine. They really do seem like the big things now. But I realize that they have been replaced with new little things!
My new little things:
- walking around the backyard to take a break from work and to enjoy the sun and fresh air.
- sitting with my feet in the pool and feeling the heat of the sun on my skin and face and the coolness of the water on my feet and legs.
- watching my son play on his scooter, penny board and skateboard or play with his little puppy.
- Listening to my son share stories or music from his favorite show or videos.
- Texting with my family and group texts with my friends.
- My morning coffee and my afternoon tea.
- Going swimming in the blistering heat.
- My puppy- He’s a little thing but he’s a big thing to be thankful for. Puppies are a lot of work, but I’ve always been thankful for having him in my life. I am even more thankful for him especially now since quarantine. He is a source of comfort and another being to nurture. I don’t know what I would do without him.